Our promise and your rights
Thank you for travelling with Hinckleybus. We welcome customers from all the communities that we serve. Here we outline the quality of service we promise to deliver to you:
- We aim to ensure that you have a safe comfortable journey on a clean, well-maintained bus.
- The route number and destination will be clearly displayed at all times
- Your bus will be driven by a professionally trained driver wearing our uniform
- We will always endeavour to be helpful, courteous and treat people with respect
- We are committed to providing a range of good value tickets so that you can choose the one that suits you best
- We will make it easy for you to tell us what you like or don’t like about our services – please contact Customer Services.
- We try to run all our buses on time but, if your service leaves early or is more than 5 minutes late and we are to blame, we will offer you a future journey free of charge – please contact Customer Services
- Where factors outside our control such as traffic congestion, roadworks or extreme weather affect your journey, we will keep you informed as soon as possible so that the impact on your journey is minimised
Details of how and when you can contact our Customer Services team are given below
Regulation (EU) No.181/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16th February 2011 concerning the rights of bus and coach passengers and amending Regulation (EC) No.2006/2004 gives users of regular bus and coach services within the European Union specific rights including non-discrimination on the grounds of disability, reduced mobility or nationality. Under the Regulation:
- We cannot charge you a different fare or apply different conditions of travel based on your nationality
- We cannot refuse to let you travel based on a disability or reduced mobility unless it is physically impossible to carry you safely
- We must compensate you fully for the replacement or repair of any mobility equipment lost or damaged on our services
- We must provide you with appropriate and comprehensible information before and during your journey
- We must provide you with adequate information about our complaints procedure and how you can make an appeal to an independent national body – please contact Customer Services
More information about our bus services
- You can download the free Arriva Bus App for iPhone and Android handsets from our website or your usual app supplier. Features include a journey planner, bus times, a live map to see exactly where your bus is in real time and a link to the Arriva m-ticket. You can also store your favourite locations, bus stops and journeys. Everything you need to find and catch your bus – in the palm of your hand!
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Information about bus times can also be obtained by phoning traveline on 0871 200 22 33. Calls to traveline will cost 12 pence per minute plus your telephone company’s access charge.
How to get in touch with us through Customer Services
- Our Customer Services hotline 0344 800 88 11 is open on Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm. This telephone number is displayed on all our vehicles so it’s easy to find even during your journey. Please note that call charges may vary between phone service providers
- We’d love to hear from you about something that went particularly well during your journey or anything that disappointed you. You can also ask us about bus fares or lost property
- You can also write to us at:
- Hinckleybus Customer Services, FREEPOST ANG 7624, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 8BR
- We will respond to comments as promptly as we can, often as soon as one working day, but issues that require detailed investigation may require up to 10 working days before we can reply. We will keep you up to date on progress in the meantime.
- If you are not satisfied with our response for any reason, please contact us again. Alternatively, you can refer your complaint to the Bus Appeals Body, c/o Bus Users UK, PO Box 119, Shepperton, TW17 8UX; we will act on the appeals body’s recommendations.